In the course of freeing up your itel phone's storage or preparing to view your stuff on a larger screen, you might be on the lookout for "how to transfer files from itel to PC". In this article, we'll be guiding you on several ways to transfer files between your itel phone and a PC.
Using USB cable
Transferring your files between a phone and a PC over a USB cable has been in existence for several years. And since everyone has one or two good USB cables lying around, it's a perfect and painless way of transferring files to your PC. To begin with, all you need is a micro USB cable, a PC, and your itel phone.
- Power on your PC if you've not yet done so, then insert your USB cable into the fastest port on your PC. Simply connect the other end of the cord to your itel phone.
- After your phone detects the connection, you'll receive a notification saying "USB charging this device"or something similar. Click on the notification to open the USB options. From there, select File Transfer (or MTP).
- Over to the PC. Open your File Explorer and navigate to This PC.
- You'll see all the available drives/storage. Locate your itel storage under the Portable Devices section and open it.
- You'll see all the folders and files on your phone. Locate and select the files you want to transfer to the computer. Drag-and-drop the files to your PC or copy-and-paste then manually.
The transfer process will start after calculating the files. Do not eject or touch the cable until the process is finished to avoid interruption.
Xender is one of the popular sharing apps on Android and iOS and even Windows. With Xender, you can transfer possibly anything from one device to another wirelessly. It uses Mobile Hotspot and Wifi, so you don't have to worry about slow connection or mobile data usage. To transfer files from your itel phone to a PC wirelessly, you need to first grab the Xender app from the Google Play Store, then follow the simple steps below.
- Launch Xender on your phone and grant it all necessary permissions.
- On the app's interface, look straight to the top-right corner and tap the hamburger button to open the menu.
- Right there, select Connect PC
- Create Hotpot on your phone and connect your PC to the WI-FI network you just created.
- Open Chrome (or any browser) on your PC and visit the web address stated in Step 3 on the screen.
- Click on Accept on your screen to affirm the connection. From there, you can view and download any file from your phone to the PC.
Xender does offer some starter guides on the transfer page. You can view them to get more out of the app.
Using SD card
If you have a high-quality SD card on your itel phone. You can also use it as a means of transferring files to the PC. It's a solid and reliable option if you don't have a working USB cable or Xender is not working for you. But unlike the first two methods, inserting and ejecting the SD card whenever you want to transfer files to your PC can be stressful sometimes. If your PC doesn't have a dedicated micro SD card slot, you'll need a micro SD card reader to make it work.
To get started, first insert the SD card on your itel phone and copy the files you want to transfer to the PC. After that, shut down your phone and eject the SD card. You can now insert the SD card (maybe with a card reader) to your PC to view and copy the files.
If you're transferring a small number of files, Bluetooth is a go-to option for sharing files between your itel phone and a PC. For this method to work, you need to ensure your PC has an inbuilt Bluetooth feature or get a supported USB dongle for it. You can start the transfer process by following the steps below.
- Click the Start button on your Windows PC and go to
- Click on Devices and then tap Bluetooth & other devices. Kindly turn on the Bluetooth from there, and pair it with your itel phone if you've not yet done so.
- Still, in the Bluetooth settings window, click on Send or Receive via Bluetooth.
- Now tap Receive files.
- On your itel phone, look for the files you want to transfer and tap the share button. Select Bluetooth on the share sheet and confirm it to turn on Bluetooth.
- On the "Choose a Bluetooth device" page, click on your computer's name. Your PC will start receiving the files after a successful connection. Save the files to the desired destination on the PC after the transfer is completed.
That's basically how to transfer files from your itel phone to a PC. You can try all the four methods mentioned above to choose which one works best for you. But if you're trying to transfer some huge files, using the USB or Xender method would give you the best result.