Were you about to watch your next show/video on Amazon Prime Video only to detect that it's not working? Do not panic. There are various things you can try to fix Amazon Prime Video not working on your devices.
Whether you’re trying to use the service on your TV, PC, or mobile devices, this article will help you get to the root of the issue and rectify Prime Video not working.
Let’s reconnect you to Prime Video again!
1. Restart your devices
The first method to fix Amazon Prime video not working – whether on your TV, mobile phone, or computer – is to restart your device. Doing so gives your assurance that a temporary glitch in the system didn't cause the problem. It will refresh the system, restart your internet connection, and reconnect you to the Prime Video servers.
- To fix Prime Video not working on your TV, simply restart it by disconnecting it from the power source and reconnecting it again. When the TV boots up, try opening Amazon Prime Video again to see if it works.
- The same applies to your mobile phone or computer. Simply shut down and restart it to see if it fixes the problem.
2. Confirm if your Amazon Prime Video account is active
Next, you need to ensure your Amazon Prime Video account is active. As you probably know, all the videos on Amazon Prime are not free. So, you won't be able to watch some videos if your subscription has expired. Either you have a monthly or annual subscription, you still need to confirm your account status.
To confirm your Prime Video account status, follow these steps:
- Visit Your Account page on Amazon.
- Head to your Prime Video Settings
- From there, you can manage your account settings and subscription status.
In case your subscription has expired, kindly re-subscribe to continue to enjoy your Prime Videos.
More so, ensure you're not using your Amazon Prime Video account on multiple devices. You can only use the same account on two devices. If you've connected it to more than two devices, kindly sign out on the other devices.
3. Check your internet connection
To enjoy uninterrupted access to Amazon Prime Video and fix Prime Video not working on your devices, you need to ensure you have an active internet connection.
Not just an "active" internet connection, but a speedy internet connection. For streaming videos on Amazon Prime, your internet speed should be over:
- 0 Mb/s for SD video quality.
- 0 Mb/s for HD video quality.
- 0 Mb/s for 4K video quality.
But first, ensure your internet connection is working. You can try opening another website on your browser to see if it works. If not, go and troubleshoot your internet first!
- Reboot your router to fix prime video not loading on TV
- Restart your phone/computer
- Toggle on/off Airplane mode on your phone.
- Check your data balance if you're on a mobile network.
In case your network is up and running but Prime Video is still not working, it’s time to run a speed test. Go to speedtest.com or fast.com on your browser to confirm if your network speed meets the requirements stated above.
You can also try pausing other internet activities to improve your bandwidth, or try switching to another network.
4. Ensure your browser or app is up-to-date.
Another reason that might cause Prime Video not to work on your device is an outdated browser or app. If you're trying to watch Amazon Prime on your PC, ensure your browser is up-to-date. If you're trying to stream from your mobile phone or TV, ensure you're using the latest version of the Prime Video app.
You can check for the latest update in the browser setting, or the App Store on your phone, and TV. Install any available updates and restart your device. If the Amazon Prime Video is still not working, try the next step below.
5. Reinstall the Prime Video app
If Prime Video keeps stopping on your Samsung phone, for instance, you can try to reinstall the Prime Video app from the Play Store. Doing so will fix any software bug affecting the functionality of the app and reset it. Meanwhile, you'll need to sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account again once the app is reinstalled.
How to reinstall the Prime Video app on Android:
- Head to the Play Store.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video.
- Click it and tap
- Kindly wait for a few seconds and tap Install to reinstall it.
How to reinstall the Prime Video app on iOS:
- Find the Amazon Prime Video app on your home screen and long-press it.
- Tap Delete to uninstall it.
- Head over to the App Store to reinstall the app.
How to reinstall the Prime Video app on your TV:
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video and uninstall it.
- Reinstall it again.
6. Disable your VPN
If you’re connected to a VPN service, you might not be able to watch Amazon Prime Video on your devices. The reason being, Amazon might think you’re in another country and stop you from watching content.
To fix that, disconnect from your VPN or any proxy servers you're connected to and try reloading Prime Video.
7. Try switching to another browser.
If none of the fixes above solves your Amazon Prime Video not working, you might need to switch to another browser. This applies if you're trying to watch Prime Videos from your computer.
Before that, ensure you’re using the latest version of your browser before switching.
8. Is Amazon Prime Video down?
Trying all the fixes above should fix Amazon Prime Video loading or working on your devices. If not, we recommend you check if their server is down.
The most common cause of Prime Video not working are a poor internet connection, hardware or software issues from your device, or when their server is down.
In that case, you need to check if Amazon Prime Video servers are active. You can use a service like down detector to check if Prime Video is up and running or down. Just follow the b steps below.
- Search for “Amazon Prime Video – Down detector”
- You should see the direct down detector link to check Prime Video’s status at the top of the search result.
- Click on it to view the status.
If you find out that Prime Video is down, well, all you can do is wait till Amazon fixes it. In the meantime, you can try other streaming services or do other things while Amazon Prime patches the loopholes in their system.