Have you ever tried to access YouTube on your android only to realize it’s not working? It can be frustrating, especially if you’re an everyday user. YouTube is the leading online platform all around the world for viewing favorite tutorials, music videos, movie trailers, and whatever else you have in mind. Plus, this is the kind of app that even children use. That said, whether the site is down, globally, or your phone has technical issues, it can be upsetting when this Youttube app stops working. So, here is how to fix YouTube not working on android.
Restart your phone
This is the first solution that should come to your mind whenever you want to fix your Android device. Just restart your device, which takes less than a minute to power back on. Plus, it’s the fastest and quickest way to fix any error occurring when using the YouTube app as well. To restart your Android:
- Press on the power button for a few seconds.
- Then click on the Restart option.
- Once the device is back on, open the app to see if it’s working properly.
Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app
If restarting the device didn’t fix Youtube not working on Android, you should consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. However, for most phones, the app comes pre-installed, thus it can be difficult to uninstall it fully. This means the factory version of the app will be restored once you uninstall it. It is okay, but you will need to update it.
Clear the YouTube cache
Clearing the YouTube cache helps a great deal in ensuring the app runs smoothly. You should do this for any other app that isn’t working properly too. Clearing cache doesn’t delete any data from the app, it only resets the YouTube settings. You should do this more often to avoid future errors. To do so:
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Then scroll down to Apps
- Click on YouTube, then Storage
- Next click on Clear Cache
- Restart your phone to see if the issue is fixed
Check the network connection
Internet connection happens to be the major reason why YouTube apps fail to work. If you’re using WiFi, it could be the router that has an issue or your phone has a problem connecting. Either way, check to ensure that you’ve turned on the WiFi on your phone and the router is working properly. If you feel that internet connection isn’t the issue, try opening Google Chrome, then search for anything to see if the page loads or not. To be sure that your internet connection is working well:
- Open Settings on the device
- Tap on WiFi Connection and Tethering Hotspot
- Then check to ensure the connection is smooth
- If not, just reenter it and reconnect
Update the system
An outdated version of your Android can cause a lot of problems to most of the apps, including YouTube. Therefore, you can fix the issue by updating your Android. This is simply done by:
- Going to Settings of the device.
- Then look for System Updates, depending on your device, you might find it under About Phone.
- If you find the latest version of Android is available, you should go ahead and download it.
- Once it’s done downloading, it will require you to install it.
Get the latest YouTube app
This simply means you update the YouTube app from the play store. An outdated app can cause the app to have problems when opening up or when playing videos. To fix it:
- Go to Google Play Store app
- Once open, click on the My Apps & Games option.
- Then you’ll be able to see if an update is available.
- Then tap of Update option.
- Now, go back to the YouTube app to see if it’s working properly.
Update the chrome or other web browser app
If you’re using Chrome to access YouTube, and the Youtube app is not loading properly , chances are your Google Chrome might be having some issues. Apart from Chrome, even other web browser apps might be having similar problems. The problem might be fixed by just updating the Chrome and here is how to do it:
- Open Chrome
- On the top right corner, look for three dots and click on them.
- There is a list of options you’ll see and select the Help option.
- The tap on About Google Chrome.
- Then click on Install.
- Lastly, you will see a list of instructions, all you need to do is follow them.
Check date and time settings
Although in rare cases, wrong date and time settings could be causing YouTube issues or other errors on your device. To fix this issue follow these simple steps.
- Open Settings on the device.
- Click on Date & Time.
- Then tap on the Automatic Date & Time option.
Clear the Google Play Service Cache
Deleting Google Play Service Cache could help fix your YouTube loading time. Also, clearing cache helps improve the performance of the applications installed on the device as well. To clear cache on Google Play Service.
- Open Settings on the device
- Click on Apps & Notification
- Then click on Google Play Services
- Click on Storage, then Clear Cache
Try to add another Google account
YouTube app might be having issues because your current Google account has restricted settings. You can consider creating another Google account that has different settings to the original account. Then you can use the newly created account to sign in on YouTube. Here is how to go about it.
- Click on settings
- Then scroll down to the Settings menu
- Click on Accounts
- Click on Add Accounts
- Then tap on Google
- On the space provided, type in your email.
- Click on Next, then key in Password
- Lastly, click on Next
Device hardware problem
After trying all of the above steps without success, now it’s about time to have your device check for any underlying issues. It could be that the device has some hardware problems you might not be aware of. And in that case, Carlcare services come in handy. Carlcare is the exclusive authorized service provider for Infinix, TECNO, and itel phone users. All you need to do is book a reservation with them on our site or use the Carlcare app and then visit any of Carlcare service centers near you to get help. You’ll be pleased to learn that the services they offer are top-notch and vetted.