It is frustrating when you are trying to make a call and your phone decided to have a mind of its own by not placing the call especially when it’s an urgent call
This call failure issue can be caused from different factors like poor network reception, due to call barring settings or you mistakenly turned off your sim card from settings. Don’t worry today as we will be looking at some ways to fix the problem and get your phone calling in no time.
Below are some solutions that can help you solve the call issue at hand:
Network Signal not available
Make sure there is network signal on your phone by looking at the network bar, because some times this can be as a result of poor or no network reception in the location you are presently at. If that’s the case, then you will need to move to another place where there’s strong network signal, because your service provider signal doesn’t cover some regions.
Restart your mobile phone
Most people tend to overlook the power of restarting your phone. So many issues can be solved just by restarting your device. Sometimes it might be a software conflict that’s stopping the phone from making a call. Just by restarting the device, all system files will be refreshed and everything will start working well. Don’t underestimate the power of restarting your device.
If the problem still persists, remove your sim and place it in another phone and try making a call to be sure that the fault is not from your sim. If you are unable to make call even after removing the sim from the phone, the issue is with your service provider. Just call your service provider customer care line with another working sim and let them know of the issue you are facing.
Sim Card Setting Problem
Check sim settings to make sure the sim you are trying to use for call is turned on. In some cases,you have mistakenly turned off your sim card in the settings, thereby making that sim unable to place your calls. To correct this, do the following:
- Open your app menu, and locate settings, open it
- Tap on Network & internet settings
- Select Sim cards just like in the image below.
- Make sure the sims are enabled, just like in the image below.
Check call barring
Make sure call barring is turned off, you can do this by:
- Open Phone call app
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings
- Select calling accounts just like in the image below.
- Tap on the sim that you are using for the call just like in the image below.
- Tap on call barring just like in the image below.
- Make sure all call barring options are turned off just like in the image below.
Reset network setting
Reset network settings, you can do this by:
- Go to settings just like in the image below.
- Scroll down and select System
- Select Reset options
- Select Reset WIFI, mobile & Bluetooth just like in the image below.
- Tap on this to select the calling sim that’s unable to place call. And tap on Reset settings
Factory reset your phone
If the call failed errors still persist after doing all the above, then you will have to backup your files and restore factory settings
Note: Factory reset your phone will delete all of the data on the phone so please make a backup of the data before you do so
- Backup Your files:
First thing you do is to backup your files once your screen is cracked, because at any point in time, your phone screen might become unresponsive and thereby making the phone unusable to you. Thereby resulting in loss of your data.
- HOW TO BACKUP YOUR FILES.
This is an easy one that you can do without any stress,
- Get a laptop.
- Get a USB data cable.
- Create a folder you wish to copy your files to on your desktop.
- Connect your phone to the laptop using the USB cable.
- Once connected, you will be prompted on your phone to select an option, select “File transfer”
- Open your file explorer on your laptop and locate your device, you will see the name of your device.
- Open it and head to the internal storage, and select all your important files.
- Copy the files to the folder you created earlier on your desktop.
- Once it completes copying the files, disconnect your phone from the laptop.
After you have successfully backup your files, Go to settings – System – Reset options – select Erase all data(factory reset).
Visit a mobile repair shop
If thecall failure problem still persists after doing all the above, then kindly visit carlcare service center for further assistance.