The Snapchat app still remains popular amongst early teens and teens of Generation Z and they still continue to make this app a fun place to connect with your friends. But what if you find the snapchat camera is not working? Go through the following lists to learn what you can do to fix Snapchat camera not working.
Update Snapchat app
The most basic and perhaps the most popular issue as to why Snapchat was unable to open the camera is an older version of the app. It’s imperative that you stay on top of these frequent updates that are being pushed out by the app. Since that’s how you would get rid of bugs through these fixes.
Update Snapchat on iOS:
- Go to the App Store
- Tap on your profile on the top right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to see the updates
- Find Snapchat and
Update On Android
- Hit the Play Store
- Locate three horizontal lines on the top left side of your screen.
- Scroll down to find my apps and games and click on that.
- Find Snapchat and
Update phone system
Another way you could try to fix the Snapchat camera not working is to update the phone system and software.
- Make sure your phone is charged or is connected to a power source
- Tap on settings
- About phone
- Click on “Check for an update”
- If there’s one, then update it.
It will reboot and install it automatically and after that, you can check if the problem is fixed.
A forced stop when too many apps are open
- Navigate to the Settings
- Then find the Apps
- Then hit “Force Stop”
As a result, the app will totally shut down and its RAM will be emptied. You can now reopen the app to see if it is still functional. In these situations, Android provides a mechanism called force to stop that comes in handy and prevents major glitches like the Snapchat front camera not working or even the rear one, for that matter of fact.
Clear Snapchat cache
We cannot emphasize how important cache cleanup is. Major troubleshooting solutions surround the buildup of cache.
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Tap on apps
- Find the Snapchat app
- Next, click on storage and tap on clear cache
Check the camera permission
Have you turned off the camera permission for the Snapchat app on your phone? If this is the case, then you should allow for the camera permission when Snapchat is not working properly. Follow the steps below to fix the glitch now
- Move to Settings on Android
- Click on apps and then tap on the three-dots bar at the right corner of the screen
- Now, tap on Permission manager
- Select the Camera and Snapchat options respectively
One of the reasons why the Snapchat camera is not working is a poor internet connection. Maybe there’s a network outage in your area, or your phone is slipping in and out of connectivity. Do have a look at your phone settings and ensure you’re connected.