If you are someone who wants to find a way on how to set android ringtones, then you are in the right place. This guide will let you know how you can set ringtones for your phone calls, set custom ringtones from your music player, set ringtones for notifications and alarms, and set the ringtone for messages and contacts
Setting ringtones for your android is a pretty easy task. Though it can get complicated if you don’t know how to do it. This is the reason why Carlcare has formulated a step by step solution about how to set ringtones on android
Set Android Rintones through the settings menu
The following list of steps shows how to how to set ringtone in android for phone calls, messages, notifications, alarms and more.
- Go to the settings page of your android
- Navigate to the option known as sound or you will notice an option called sound and vibration. Since the different versions of android have different functionalities. So the option may differ from phone to phone.
- As soon as you tap on sound, you will be presented with a ringtone option. As soon as you tap on the ringtone, you will see a list of default ringtones that are made available by the manufacturer. You can also set ringtone on android for notifications, messages and alarms here by selecting the corresponding options.
Set custom ringtones via the Music player app
Custom ringtones are generally set when you want to hear your favorite song whenever someone calls you. We know the feeling and hence we must guide you on how you can perform this task on your android with ease
- Open the music player application on your phone
- Play your favorite music and tap on the three dots available on the music player. This is also known as the capacitive menu. As soon as you tap on the capacitive menu, you will come across a “set as ringtone" choice. Tap on this choice, and your favorite ringtone will be set on your android device
How to set specific ringtones for contacts on android
Your favorite person deserves a unique ringtone. Whenever a specific ringtone is set, you will get to know that your loved one is calling you, and this will help you identify them. To set specific ringtones for contact , follow the steps.
- Find the application called as contacts on your phone
- Select the specific contact you want to set the ringtone for
- Now you will come across a two or a three-dotted menu which can be found at the top right of your contacts
- Click on the dots and you will be asked to edit your contacts
- As soon as you tap on edit, make sure that you scroll down and tap on the option called ringtone
- Now select the favorite ringtone of your choice and tap on okay.
Since your Itel, TECNO, and Infinix are based on the android platform. The steps mentioned above for setting up ringtone for your calls, notification, messages, and alarm would be applicable.