Android phones usually come with a selection of static wallpapers but few or no live wallpapers. Fortunately, the Play Store is a home for many Live Wallpaper apps you can download instead. But, how about making a live wallpaper of your own? Won't you like to see your beautiful face smiling at you lively every time you unlock your phone? If yes, you can learn how to make a live wallpaper on your Android phone in a few minutes and set any short video of your choice as your phone's screen cover.
Ready? Here's how to make a live wallpaper on your TECNO, Infinix, itel, and every other Android phone you may have.
How to make a live wallpaper on Android
Although Android is yet to introduce a native way of making live wallpapers or setting a video as your screen cover, Android folks know how they do their things. It's pretty easy to use a video as a live wallpaper on your phone. All you need is to download a Live Wallpaper Make app from the Google Play Store; the rest is easy.
There are a couple of custom live wallpaper apps on the Play Store. A quick search for "Live Wallpaper Maker" would recommend tons of them for you. And while they all work to help you achieve the same goal, some of them have distinctive features like video sounds (although I see no reason to make your wallpaper sound) and others.
I tried some of them and settled for the Video Live Wallpaper app by NAINGDroid. Here's how to make a live wallpaper with the app.
- Install Video Live Wallpaper from the Play Store and launch
- Tap Choose Video on the home screen and grant the app access to your media files.
- Select a video you want to use from the list. Alternatively, you can tap the Video button at the top to select a video from your gallery app.
- Trim the portion of the video you want to use.
- Tap the Image button in the top-right corner to preview the animated image.
- If you're satisfied with it, tap Set wallpaper below the screen choose where you want it to show. You can set it on both the home screen and lock screen or the former alone.
Sometimes the live wallpaper preview might not load faster; don't sleep on it. Select Set Wallpaper to continue. After that, your live wallpaper should be ready, and you can open the app to change it anytime or make adjustments as you see fit.
To ensure the video takes the right aspect ratio of the screen, make sure you set the option in the app to “Scale Fit With Crop.”
That’s how to make a live wallpaper on Android. However, if you don't like the concept of the app we used above, you can install and experiment with other third-party apps on the Play Store.
How to set a live photo as wallpaper on TECNO phones
Whether you’ve got a video wallpaper made by yourself or presets from live wallpaper apps, you can transform your TECNO phone's screen cover from static to animated.
To get started, you should have the live wallpaper you want to use already. If not, you can grab one from the tons of video live wallpaper apps available on the Play Store or make your own as analyzed above.
Once you’re ready, here’s how to set live wallpaper on a TECNO phone. (We used HiOS Launcher by default)
- Long-press on a space on the home screen
- Click on Wallpapers
- Tap LiveWallaper
- you'll see all the video wallpapers available on your phone.
- Choose your preferred choice to preview it.
- Tap Set Wallpaper, then choose set lock screen and home screen if you want it to show on both screens, or select the other option for the home screen alone.
However, you may not see an option to set live wallpapers on your lock screen if the phone's hardware can't handle it.
How to set a live photo as wallpaper on Infinix
The procedure is pretty similar to what you get on a TECNO phone. Start by converting the live photo or video to a live wallpaper using the third-party app mentioned earlier. Alternatively, you can get many video wallpaper presets on the Play Store. Just download any "Live Wallpaper" app to find the perfect one for your home screen.
Once the live wallpaper is ready, here's how to set it from the default launcher app on your Infinix phone.
- Long-press on a space on the home screen
- Select Wallpaper
- Tap Live Wallpaper to enter the selection interface.
- Pick a video wallpaper of your choice to preview it.
- Finally, click on Set Wallpaper below the screen and select either “Home screen” or “Home screen and Lock screen.”
That's it, feel the beauty of your new animated wallpaper!
How to set a live photo as wallpaper on itel phones
Although itel makes entry-level Android phones, that doesn't stop you from rocking your favorite live wallpapers on them.
You can easily do that by downloading a wallpaper app or turning your videos, GIFs, or live photos into animated wallpaper using the method mentioned earlier. Once you’ve done that, follow these steps to set live wallpaper on your itel Android device.
- Open the Settings
- Tap Display
- Select Wallpaper followed by Live Wallpaper to choose a new wallpaper.
- Select an animated wallpaper you want to use to preview it.
- Finally, tap Set Wallpaper to set it on your home screen.
You won't find an option to set live wallpaper on the lock screen on most itel phones because of their processing power. Moreover, take note that using live wallpaper on an itel phone might affect the phone’s performance, especially if you’ve got one with low RAM and other entry-level hardware.
You may need to rethink if you notice a drop in performance after setting it.
That's everything you need to know on how to make a live wallpaper on Android. Setting a live wallpaper is a sure way to enhance your device’s look with little work. It gets even better when you realize you can make yours from your favorite video clips without depending on what’s available to the mass.
Whether you've got a stunning clip from your camera app, viral TikToks, or just any video, you can set them as your wallpaper on Android stressless.
And while live wallpapers used to be a battery and performance hogger in the past, things have changed now. However, if you notice any drastic change in battery usage or performance, you may need to rethink if it's worth it or not.
Another related topic: