Getting a career in cell phone repair could be the right move for you. Cell phone repair jobs cover everything from fixing a damaged phone part, replacing the damaged part, correcting software problems and so on. Taking up a cell phone repair job can not only solve a problem for people looking for cell phone repair shops around. It can also engage you sufficiently and get you some more income. A person who does cell phone repair jobs is known as a mobile technician.
Cell phone repair jobs description as a mobile technician
Cell phone repair jobs are encompassing although some mobile technicians may choose to specialise in a certain brand or a particular kind of phone repair depending on the demand and needs of their location. They provide hardware and software services, maintenance services, repairing of damages, replacement of bad parts and a lot more.
Before the end of the article, we will talk about the phone repair technician job description and some of the tech solutions they provide.
What training do you need to become a mobile technician?
It is very helpful if you have completed your basic and high school education before you advance to specific training needed for cell phone repair jobs. The high school curriculum should expose you to basic laws in physics and when you commence your training as a mobile technician, a lot of that knowledge will make sense. Here is some other training you will need.
- Find and join a good mobile phone repair training institute. Depending on your country of residence, there are quite some reputable mobile phone repair institutes that can put you on the right path to becoming a mobile technician.
- Get the tools required, and some dead phones to practice with.
- Explore internet resources and training. There is more knowledge out on the internet than you can ever imagine, and added to your training in the institute, it could arm you sufficiently.
- Get certified. Nothing beats getting certified as an expert in mobile phone repairs, and this should give you access to some good cell phone repair jobs around you.
Mentorship in cell phone repair
You need to get a mentor. Even after getting certified, it is important to get someone very experienced in cell phone repairs to become your mentor. The place of mentorship in handling phone repair jobs is crucial to your success as a mobile phone technician, and in helping you to get started right.
After getting trained and certified, you should get placement in a cell phone repair shop near you. You can search for ‘Cell phone repair jobs near me’ or ‘Cell phone repair technician jobs’ to show you any opening near you, or you can walk into a reputable cell phone repair job to apply for placement.
A mentor can be very helpful in getting you a placement, and this will reinforce all you have learned during your training. Getting a cell phone repair job as a trainee or intern, will expose you to real scenarios, real damages and take you beyond your practice with dead phones.
The average salary in different parts of the world
Is phone repair a good job with a good salary? Well, you can earn a lot as a cell phone repair technician but this largely depends on your location. Cell phone repair technicians in developed countries earn more than their counterparts in developing countries.
Across Europe, America and Australia, some review sites put the average Cell phone repair job salary between $28 and $36.70 per hour, but this does not apply to entry-level cell phone repair technicians. In some other countries, the figure is a lot more different. In developing countries, the average could range between $11 and $18 per hour, but again, this depends on the employer and the country.
A country with a low-income range will also not pay you as much as some other countries unless you choose to strike out on your own. But certification is not sufficient to start your own cell phone repair business. You need a good deal of experience that can only come from taking cell phone repair jobs.
Job details and Key skills required to be a mobile technician
Now let us talk about the Cell phone repair technician job description. Here are some of the tech solutions you may be required to provide in meeting your client's needs.
- Soldering and desoldering – This is done to install or to remove a component on a Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Use of multimeter to measure voltage, resistance, and current
- Working on BGA ICS
- Jumpering methods – You need to learn how to find the faults or missing track and then do the jumpering
- Flashing – this is a basic skill that has to do with reprograming the phone to factory settings
Qualifications and other requirements
- You need to be certified in cell phone repairs.
- You also need to have the first degree if you hope to get cell phone repair jobs in reputable firms.
- This is not written down anywhere as a requirement, but to become a good cell phone technician, you should have a passion for gadgets and for fixing things. It will speed your learning process if you have it.
- You should also have a good knowledge of different phone brands, how they work and how to find your way around them.
Is a cell phone repair technician a good job?
Yes, it is. It is also a legitimate job and you can do it without having to look over your shoulders. What you should be concerned about is how to get a job in phone repair, and how qualified you are.
A company that offers mobile technicians’ jobs – Carlcare Service Centers
Carlcare is the official support center for brands like Tecno, Itel, Infinix, Syinix, and Oraimo. This means that they provide repair services for mobile phones and accessories across all of these brands. It could be a good place to start your cell phone repair job career if you have been trained and certified.
If you are looking for a company that offer mobile technicians jobs, you can check the Carlcare website to locate the centre closest to you. Irrespective of the training and certification you have, Carlcare will again provide training in line with the manufacturer standards.