Retrieving a Facebook account is a relatively simple process that involves the use of a code that is sent to your email or phone number to help confirm that you own the account. However, there are cases of Facebook not sending the code due to several reasons. Here is a simple way to fix the issue of Facebook not sending code to email.
- Restart your phone
- Go to your Settings
- Click on Apps
- Select Facebook
- Tap on Storage
- Clear Data and Cache
- Return to the previous page and Select Permission
- Click on Telephone and Select Allow
- Go to your Gmail app
- Click on Permissions and select allow for Telephone too
- On your browser, entercom
- Enter your email address and password
- Tap on Login (You will be directed to a page asking you to enter the code sent to your email)
- Click on Resend email
- Check your inbox for the code
- Input the code in the code box
And with these steps, the issue of Facebook not sending code is easily resolved.
How to Resolve Facebook Code Generator Not Sending SMS
Resolving the Facebook code generator not sending SMS is quite an easy process. All you have to do is to turn on Facebook text in your Facebook settings. When that is done, the Facebook code generator not sending SMS will be resolved. Here is how to set up Facebook text:
- Tap on the menu icon at the top right corner of your Facebook home screen
- Select Settings
- Scroll down and click on Text messaging under Notifications
- Type your phone number and click on Add Phone number
- Enter the confirmation code that will be sent
- Click on Confirm
By following these steps, you can fix the Facebook code generator not sending SMS.
How to Fix Facebook 6 Digit Code Not Received
Facebook typically sends a 6 digit code either to the phone number linked to your Facebook account or to a linked email address. If you are trying to reset a new password or trying to login with a new device and Facebook is not sending the 6 digit code that verifies that you own the account, here is what you should do to resolve Facebook 6 digit code not being received by you.
- Go to your Facebook login page using any browser
- Try to log in (Facebook will request that you confirm your identity via the code sent to your phone number)
- Click on the Resend button on the Facebook login page
- If the 6-digit codel doesn’t come via SMS, Tap on 'Try another way'
- Enter the email address connected to the Facebook account
- Check both inbox and spam folder
- And you will see the 6 digit code
Not getting the Facebook 6 digit code could either be caused by a bad network or the wrong phone number. This means that the number on your mobile device isn’t connected to the Facebook account you want to log into.
How to fix the issue of not receiving my security code for Facebook
To set up security measures to make your account more secure, Facebook will suggest you turn on the two steps-authentication. It will request that you choose a method for receiving security codes in case you would like to log into your account with a different device or browser. However, if you add more than two phone numbers or emails, your account will be flagged as suspicious by Facebook, and as such your account can be locked temporarily.
To log in again, you must first enter the security code facebook will send. If you are unable to receive your security code for Facebook, here is what you should do;
- Log in to your Facebook account
- You will notice the account has been blocked. Just below that page, click on the send code button
- If it doesn’t come, go to https://web.facebook.com/help/contact/179049432194862?_rdc=1&_rdr to access the Facebook “Help Center” where you can report the issue
- Enter your email address
- Briefly describe the issue
- Upload a screenshot of the page being displayed while you were trying to log in
- Click on send and wait for 24hrs for a response via email
After that, follow the instructions Facebook will send to your mail. If you follow it carefully, you should be able to resolve the issue of not receiving your security code for Facebook
How To Resolve Not Receiving Facebook Password Reset code Email
If you notice you are not receiving a Facebook password reset code email in your mailbox, it means that the current email address you are expecting the mail to come through is not linked to your Facebook account. To resolve facebook not sending code to email, you will have to either receive the password reset code via the code generator as outlined above or you receive it via SMS. Here is how to resolve facebook not sending password reset code to email using SMS;
- Go to the Facebook Login page using any browser
- Click on Forgot account
- Among the options on the next page that will display, Select phone number
- An Sms will be sent to you with Password Reset Code
- Open your Sms App to access code, Copy and Paste
- Then follow the on-screen instructions
With this, you can easily resolve facebook not sending code to email.
Resolving Facebook Not Sending Confirmation Code To Email
After signing up on Facebook, Facebook sends a code to either your email or phone number so as to verify your account. If you notice Facebook is not sending a confirmation code to your email, all you need to do to get the confirmation code is to
- Confirm you typed in the right email address
- Confirm you have a good internet connection
- Go to your mail, check through the spam folders or promotions.
- Once you see it, click on on the link that comes with it
- Confirm your Facebook account
If it’s still not working, you can try creating your Facebook account with your phone number instead. With these few steps, Facebook not sending confirmation codes to email can be resolved.
Fixing Facebook Not Sending Sms Code To Reset Password
Facebook usually resets the password by sending either a reset password link to an email address or a reset password code to the phone number. You can fix Facebook by not sending SMS code to reset the password by getting the reset password link via mail. Here is how you can resolve Facebook not sending SMS code to reset password.
- Visit facebook.com
- Click on Forgotten Password below the password text box
- Type either email or phone number
- Tap on the Search Button
- Once your account pops up, select “this is my account’
- Reset your password by selecting 'Text me a code to reset my password
- Enter the code you receive on your mobile.
- If you don't receive a code, Select 'Didn't get a code' (However, this option isn't available when trying to reset password with a mobile device)
- Use an email address to reset the password instead.
- Once you enter the email address linked to the account, the reset password link will be sent to your email address
With this, Facebook not sending SMS code to reset passwords will be fixed.
We hope this was helpful.