If Gmail is not syncing on your TECNO, Infinix, or itel phones, you might not be able to send or receive emails, open or read an email, or you might continue receiving the “Account not synced” error. To be honest, this can be frustrating, especially when you can’t send, receive, or open your work emails. But after all, it's what you can fix in no time. This article will guide you on how to fix Gmail not syncing on your TECNO, Infinix, itel, and all Android devices generally.
1. Update the Gmail app
To ensure you're free from bugs and get the latest problem fixes, we recommend you're using the most recent version of the Gmail app. You can update it for free on the Play Store. Sometimes, Gmail might face problems syncing your emails if the app is outdated. But all you need to rectify that is by updating the Gmail app:
- Launch the Play Store on your TECNO or Infinix device.
- Tap the search bar and search for Gmail.
- Click on it. If you see the Update button there, tap it to get the latest version.
2. Restart your device
Quite simple, right? But it works in most cases. To fix Gmail not syncing, reboot your device. A bug in the system, which rebooting your device can fix in most cases might cause the problem. Just restart your device to see if it fixes the issue.
3. Check the Gmail Sync settings
When Gmail is not syncing across devices, you need to check the sync settings in the Gmail app and ensure you’ve turned it on. Naturally, this should be on by default, but anything can happen. You might have turned it off unknowingly. Or maybe an unknown bug in the app turned it off. And when it does, your Gmail account won’t sync, talk less of getting new mails. In that case, all you need is to re-enable it yourself:
- Open the Gmail app
- Tap the side menu button at the top-left corner.
- Tap Settings (at the bottom)
- Select your account.
- Scroll to the bottom. Under “Data usage”, make sure you’ve enabled Sync Gmail.
4. Check your device's account sync settings
Equally important, you need to ensure you've enabled automatic synchronization for Gmail in the system account settings. Failure to do so means Gmail won't synchronize until you refresh the app manually. You should check this setting after enabling 'Sync Gmail' in the Gmail app. Here's how:
- Open the Settings app
- Scroll down and select Accounts
- First, scroll to the bottom and make sure “Auto-sync personal data” is turned on.
- After that, select your Gmail account from the list.
- Tap Account sync.
- Make sure you enable the Gmail
- Furthermore, you can tap the 3-dot button at the upper right corner and select Sync now to force your account to synchronize.
5. Ensure you have a working internet connection
We should have mentioned this earlier, but it’s not too late - even if it sounds stupid. Before Gmail can send, receive, or even open any email across your devices, there should be an active internet connection. If you’re not sure your internet is working, you can run a quick network test on your browser to confirm connectivity. Open a website to see if it loads. If it doesn’t, then you should be troubleshooting your network, not Gmail.
6. Check & free up your storage
Google confirms that "If your phone or tablet is running out of space, syncing won't work." So, to ensure everything is in order, try to free up your phone storage if it's getting low. You can uninstall apps you're not using; delete downloaded files, installation packages, and movies you've watched.
Additionally, you might want to check what’s eating up your storage first, before taking action:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Storage
- Click Internal shared storage to view your storage usage.
7. Reset the Gmail app
Well, the last thing we’d recommend to fix Gmail not syncing on your TECNO, Infinix, and itel devices if the solutions above didn’t do the trick is to reset the Gmail app - basically by clearing the app data and cache.
Before we kick start, note that resetting the Gmail app might clear your drafts, custom notification settings, signatures, and other settings. But you can always set them up again after fixing the issue you're currently battling with. And the good news is that resetting the Gmail app works in most cases. So it's worth giving your shot:
- Open your device’s Settings
- Tap Apps & Notifications, followed by See all apps
- Find Gmail on the list and open it.
- Click on Storage & cache.
- Finally, hit Clear storage to reset the Gmail app
Now that you've reset the Gmail app, restart your device and set up your Gmail account once again. You should be able to sync your emails across all devices now.
How To Fix Gmail Not Syncing With Outlook (Windows 10 Mail App)
If you’ve connected your Gmail account with the default Mail app on Windows 10 laptop and you notice it has not been syncing your mails, there are a couple of fixes to try.
- First, make sure that your PC is connected to the internet. You can open a website in the browser to confirm the connectivity.
- Also, ensure you're using the latest version of the Mail app on your Windows PC. You can update the Mail app from the Microsoft Store.
If the internet on your PC is working and you're using the latest version of the Mail app but Gmail is still not syncing, you should check the Mail app settings. Perhaps you've disabled automatic synchronization mistakenly. Follow the steps below to re-enable it.
- Open the Mail app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the Settings icon in the left bottom panel
- Click on Manage accounts and select your Gmail account
- Select Change mailbox and sync settings
- Under Sync options, ensure you enable Email
- Tap Done below the window after enabling email synchronization.
Alternatively, you may also delete your Gmail account from the laptop and add it back again.
- Open the Mail app
- Go to Settings > Manage accounts > Select your Gmail account
- Click on Delete account from this device
- Click Delete below the window to confirm it.
- Now, add your Gmail account to the Mail app again.
How To Fix Gmail Not Syncing On iPhone Mail App
If you also experience Gmail not syncing on your iPhone - either in the Mail app or the official Gmail app, the solutions below will help you.
1. Make sure you enable IMAP in the Mail/Gmail settings
While Gmail doesn't synchronize on iOS the same way on Android, Google uses IMAP to send and receive emails on iPhone. This setting should be enabled by default, but it's worth double-checking. Go to the Gmail or Mail app settings and ensure you turn on IMAP.
2. Make sure you’re connected to the internet
You’ll not be able to receive or send emails on your iPhone if you’re not connected to the internet. Make sure you have a good signal and that your device is not in Airplane Mode
3. Check for Gmail updates
Equally important, make sure your Gmail app is updated or the app might not work well. The older version of the Gmail app might have trouble with synchronization.
4. Reinstall the Gmail app
If none of the above fixes worked, you can reinstall the Gmail app on your iPhone. Simply uninstall the Gmail app first, then reinstall it from the App Store.