Most people today depend on their mobile phones to manage their daily lives and activities. As a result of this, prolonged usage may cause it to develop faults. Among various malfunctions we may experience with the smartphone, the phone speaker problem is one of the most predominant. However, the cost to repair phone speakers, just like other types of repair, will incur some extra charges. So, as a phone owner, you should be prepared to handle it as you never can tell when the next damage will occur since it is practically handheld. Most times, you may not also know what it will cost to repair the phone speaker.
The cost to repair a phone speaker is entirely dependent on your budget. But if you have an active phone warranty, you can get it repaired at no cost. Most people may not have a warranty so let’s look into what it will cost to repair the phone speaker.
The Cost of Repairing Phone Speaker
The cost to repair phone speakers varies in various parts of the world as well as your choice of repairer. What this means is that If you need your phone to be repaired by the manufacturer or by a third party, the cost to repair the phone speaker will obviously not be the same. Some phone repair technicians can repair your phone speaker at a fair cost compared to the manufacturer. All you need to do is to find a reliable phone repair professional that will perform an excellent service on your phone.
Nevertheless, there are several reasons why your mobile speaker may not be working. One outstanding reason is liquid interference with your speaker. If your phone falls into water for instance, if not properly dried, this can result in hardware problems that can prevent sounds from the external mobile speaker. So, if you cannot hear sounds from your mobile external speaker, or you consistently notice that others can’t hear you during a phone call but you can hear them clearly, then, it’s obvious you need a mobile speaker repair.
A mobile repair technician can charge an estimate of 700 to 3,000 Naira depending on the model of your phone to repair it. Other times, internal issues might be the cause of speaker problems. Let’s delve into how you can repair internal issues that damage your phone speaker.
How to Fix faulty Phone Internal Speakers
A faulty wire or broken board might be the cause of the mobile speaker problem. It is important you know that a phone might have more than one speaker. When you listen to music or have your phone ring, it’s the external speaker that is responsible for it. However, when you are having a phone call, it’s your internal speaker that makes it possible for you to hear the other person during a call. In cases where the other party can’t hear you, it could be that your microphone is faulty. When you can’t hear the other people during a phone call, an unstable network might be responsible for it. All you need to do is to change your location to a place with a more stable network.
But if you can’t hear other people during phone calls consistently or you need to use a headset in order to hear and have a smooth call, then it’s a sign that your internal speaker is not working. For this issue, the mobile speaker problem solution is to replace your internal speaker. Replacing an internal speaker does not cause a fortune. The cost can be estimated between 400-3000 Naira. All you need is to visit a good mobile repair store and have it fixed for you.
What You Can Do If The Phone Speakers Stop Working
Most times trivial issues like dirt & debris, software, or app glitches could be responsible for your phone speakers not working, probably game sounds, music, etc. There are quick fixes you could do to make it work. Here are some of them;
- Restart Your Mobile Device: minor faults like your phone hanging or being unable to hear sounds might be due to some background program processing. One quick way to fix it is to restart your phone as there is a strong likelihood that your phone speaker will return to sounding normal again.
- Speaker Settings: It’s possible that you could have tampered with the voice settings of your speaker by making the default volume very low by mistake. All you need to do is to go to your settings and turn on the volume then give it a try.
- Water Spillage? Dry it: If you notice your speakers stopped working after you accidentally spill water or other liquid substance on your mobile device, dry your phone properly by either blowing hot air into it or place it in a bowl full of rice for at least 24 hours. Don’t forget, immediately after such an accident, the first thing you should do is to switch off your phone.
- Headphone Output: sometimes after unplugging your headphone, from your mobile’s audio jack, your smartphone might still be in headphone mode. This is caused by your android’s failure to process that your headphone has been unplugged. A simple reboot of your mobile phone can resolve this.
- Check for Application Glitches: downloading mobile apps that are not compatible with your android phone could disable sounds from your mobile phone. For instance, a non-compatible game app could affect your phone in a way that disables sounds. This is usually a software problem caused by some mobile apps. To resolve this, you just need to uninstall such an app and probably wait for an updated version of it to be released.
If all these don’t work, then it is a hardware issue that needs to be fixed by a technician.
Phone speaker cost in Nigeria varies across various service centers. If you are in Nigeria, contacting the one closest to you will help you in budgeting for the cost to repair your phone speaker. We hope this is helpful.