If you have ever forgotten your Facebook password or have had a hacker take over your account, then you will understand what it really feels like to lose a Facebook account. In some fortunate cases, you can easily recover the lost Facebook account while in other cases, the account remains lost and if you don’t know the recovery mechanism, you will have to open a new Facebook account thereby losing all the connections that came with the previous ones. You see people practically lamenting- I want my old account back! So, let’s see how to recover a lost Facebook account on your Android smartphone with these simple recovery steps.
How to Recover Lost Facebook accounts Via Email or Phone number
- Visit facebook.com on your Android browser
- Enter either your email or phone number associated with the lost account
- Click on Forgotten password
- Select your preferred method of account discovery. Either a phone number, email or name. (Phone number option will only be favourable if you have not lost your Sim Card)
- A verification code will be sent to you
- Enter it and click on the submit button
- Enter a new password of your choice
- Re-enter it to confirm and reactivate your account
With these steps, you can easily recover your lost Facebook account on an android phone
How to Recover a Facebook Account Without Phone Number
Are you unable to log into your Facebook account simply because you lost your Facebook password? Not to worry, you can recover your lost Facebook account easily as the creators of Facebook know that people can forget their password easily. You can recover your lost Facebook account without your phone number. So there is no need to keep saying - “I want my old account back”! You can use this method if you have lost your Sim Card. So, let's look into how you can get back your account in a few easy steps.
- On a prefered browser, on the search bar, enter facebook.com
- Type in your Facebook username and click on Forgot password at the bottom of the page
- Facebook will redirect you to a recovery page to select any of the recovery options. As you do not have a linked phone number, you will have to select email
- Type the alternate email and select Send Email
- A verification code will be sent to your mail
- Copy and paste same on the recovery page and click on Next
- Facebook will verify the code
- Create a new password that is easy to remember and is also strong
- Click on OK to confirm it
- And your account will be reactivated
With these steps, you can recover your lost Facebook account easily and if you are unable to do so, feel free to contact Facebook customer service.
How to Open My Old Facebook Account Without a Password
There are users who forget both their usernames and password of their old Facebook account. However, it is quite easy to navigate through and recover your lost Facebook account. For this to be possible, the only requirement is your email and your password. Let’s see how you can recover an old Facebook account without a password.
- On your browser or the Facebook mobile app, open the login page of Facebook
- Click on Forgotten password at the bottom
- Enter the phone number or an email address associated with your Facebook account
- The profile of the account and its DP will be displayed.
- If it’s your lost Facebook account, click on continue
- An OTP will be sent to either the phone number or email you had entered
- Enter the OTP
- And your Lost Facebook account will be reactivated
By these steps, you have seen that it is easy to recover a lost Facebook account without a password.
How to Recover my Lost Facebook Account Through Friends
Sometimes, signing into your Facebook might be a bit challenging especially if you have forgotten your password. In as much as there are other means of accessing it, one means that stands out is recovering your Facebook account through friends. All you need to do is to inform them and you will be able to recover your lost Facebook account through your friends. Following these simple steps will guide you all through the process
- On a computer browser, type in facebook.com
- Click on Forgot account on the login page
- You will be prompted to recover your account by a list of emails
- If you don’t have access to any of them, click no longer have access
- Enter a new email you can access
- Click on Next
- Enter the password
- Follow the steps that will be outlined on your screen and enter the code sent
- Click Reveal my trusted contacts
- Type in the full name of one of your trusted contact
- A set of instructions containing a link which only your friend can access will display
- Send the link to the friend whose name you had typed and ask him or her to open it
- The link comes with a Login code
- Ask them to give you the Login code
- Use the code to access and reactivate your lost Facebook account
How Can I Recover My Lost Facebook Account Without Two-Step Verification?
One of the ways of recovering a lost Facebook account is through the two-step verification that Facebook has adopted in keeping Facebook accounts secured. However, a lot of users do not have access to their two-step verification and as such do not know about this means of recovering a lost Facebook account. That is why those who create new accounts keep saying - I want my old account back!
Well as long as you had enabled the two-step verification on the lost Facebook account, then you can proceed to follow these steps
- On your browser, Visit facebook.com
- Click on Forgot Password
- Enter either email or phone number registered on the lost account
- Request a code on the registered email
- Follow the instructions to complete the verification process
- Reset your account password.
- And your account will be activated
You can see that there are various means to recover a lost Facebook account. So, you don’t have to freak out when next you can’t access your account. This should be helpful.