Fast charging has been one of the most impressive and sought-after smartphone features that have improved our lives over the past few years. Its introduction means you never have to wait for several hours to refill your phone's battery. However, some users are reporting fast charging not working on their devices. Don’t get frustrated if you're also facing this problem; over here are simple ways to fix fast charging not working on your device.
How to fix fast charging not working on your device
- Ensure you’re using the original charger and USB cable
- Switch to another USB cable
- Try a different fast charger
- Check the power outlet
- Try cleaning the charging port
- Close all running processes and allow the phone to charge
- Update your device
- Seek professional help
1. Ensure you’re using the original charger and USB cable
Beyond any software trick or issues, the first step to resolve fast charging not working on your phone is to double-check if you’re using the original USB cable and charging brick that came with your device.
Phone manufacturers have various ways of implementing fast charging on their devices. Hence, using another charger may not charge your phone as fast as the original charger and USB cable.
Meanwhile, if you’ve replaced your charger and USB cable recently, ensure it supports fast charging and works well with your phone model. We also recommend purchasing one sold or recommended by your phone’s manufacturer.
If that doesn’t seem to fix the issue, continue troubleshooting with the solutions below.
2. Switch to another USB cable
Unlike the charging brick, your USB cable undergoes much stress from bending, twisting, and others. Hence, it may become faulty over time.
Meanwhile, that doesn’t mean it won’t charge your phone anymore. It charges at an incredibly slow speed. So, switching to another USB cable has a high potential of fixing fast charging not working on your device.
You probably have some cables lying in your drawer. If not, try your friend’s cable with your original charger before rushing to the store to purchase a new one.
- Detach your current (old) USB cable from the charging brick and place it aside.
- Attach the new USB cable to the brick, then to your phone’s port.
- Finally, plug the charger into a power source and leave it for a few minutes to see if it charges faster now.
If replacing the USB cable didn’t fix the issue, try the next solution below.
3. Try a different fast charger.
After ruling out a faulty cable as the cause of the problem, try a different fast-charging brick as well. While a good USB cable plays an important role here, how fast your phone charges is usually determined by what the charging brick can pump out.
And after several years of continuous usage, a fast charger may lose its superpowers, hence, calling for a replacement. To fix super-fast charging not working on your phone, try switching to another charging brick that supports fast charging.
Just like you did while switching the USB cable, try using another charger with the old cable first and then the new cable. Meanwhile, a fast charger should add some weight and come with powerful output ratings.
4. Check the power outlet.
Quite possibly farther, the power outlet you're using might not be delivering the adequate amount of power. Try plugging your charger into another outlet to see if it fixes the issue.
5. Try cleaning the charging port.
Now, if your phone still charges slowly after trying all the fixes above, that means your charger is working at its best: you need to tackle your phone itself.
Start by inspecting the charging port for debris, pocket lint, dust, and other foreign particles. The presence of such things inside the port can hinder your phone from charging faster.
Follow the steps below to check and clean your phone’s charging port;
Note: Please operate this cautiously as it may damage your phone if it is handled improperly
- First, get an adequate amount of natural light or use touch to scan inside the charging port.
- If you find any lint or foreign particles inside the port, turn off your phone and get ready to do some environmental!
- Now, get a stick of toothpick to remove a sizeable chunk of the particles. Avoid using any metallic object!
- Next, grab a small quantity of cotton swab, sprinkle it with alcohol, then dip it inside the port.
- Now, clean the charging port with the cotton swab in a circular motion to remove the remnants. Do it gently to avoid breaking the port.
- After that, leave your phone to dry for a few hours (1-2 hours) before turning it on.
- Finally, plug in your charger again to see if it has unleashed its superpowers!
6. Close all running processes and allow the phone to charge
Is your phone not fast charging while playing graphic-intensive games, downloading/uploading large files, or watching movies at the highest brightness? You need to close some processes and let the phone charge for a while.
Your phone may not charge as fast as possible if a lot is going on in the system. And since your device and charger support fast charging, we recommend you close all processes and leave your phone to charge over the next few minutes (or hours). After that, you can continue using it again.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Unplug your charger from the power source.
- Grab your phone and close all running processes.
- Turn off your mobile data or Wi-Fi, or turn on Airplane mode.
- Now, plug in your charger again and leave the phone to charge over the next few minutes.
- Alternatively, switching off your phone can help it charge faster.
Besides that, try to boot into Safe mode to check an app caused if the slow charging issue.
Equally important, ensure you’re charging at a normal room temperature. High temperature can affect how fast your phone charges.
7. Update your device
If your phone is still not charging fast, we recommend you update the software to the latest version. Fast charging can be improved over a software update sometimes, especially on recently launched phones.
However, that's if your phone and charger support fast charging and if the problem is software-related. No software update will convert a non-fast charging phone to one.
Here's how to update an Android device:
- Launch the device Settings app and scroll to the bottom.
- Tap System
- Click on SoftwareUpdate or System update
- Tap Check for updates from there, then download and install any available update.
In case there is no available update, consider trying the concluding solution below.
8. Seek professional assistance
So far, so good; the seven tips and tricks above should restore the fast charging capability of your device. If that's not the case, your last resort is visiting the repair centre for further help.
Chances are that your phone is undergoing a major hardware failure that's slowing down its charging speed. If your device is still under warranty, this is time to enjoy your warranty rights. Visit the official service centre for your brand for repair.
And luckily, if your TECNO, Infinix, or itel device (with fast charge support) is not charging fast, visit any Carlcare service centre near you for assistance. We're the official service provider for these brands, and we're always ready to help you solve your problems.
More so, if your charger or USB cable is faulty, Carlcare sells original stock accessories suitable for various Infinix, TECNO, and itel phone models