Though nobody wishes their phone to get stolen, misplaced, or even falls inside the water, it's a life-saver and good idea to always keep a backup of your important data which may include your photos and videos, documents, contacts, device settings, and all other.
Even if you don't lose your phone, it would be way more comfortable to just move to a new phone without going through a long process. In this article, we've put up a couple of ways to back up your Infinix device in which way you find it comfortable for you - either in local or cloud storage.
How to Backup Data on Infinix Phone
The Common solution to backup Infinix Phone
One of the nifty and unique built-in features on your Infinix device is the ability to backup almost all your data locally. Infinix offers a Backup & Restore Service that can easily help you backup stuff like your apps, contacts, SMS, personal files, documents, etc., into a supported micro SD card. To start this, kindly insert a reliable SD card into your device and follow the steps below.
- Open your device Settings app
- Scroll down to select "System"
- Tap on "Backup & Restore"
- In the "Backup" tab, select which data you want to back up - either Application or Personal data.
- Now select everything you want to back up and start the backup service.
This should safely backup everything you ticked in the interface. Please note that this service is a one-time backup, that is, it doesn't synchronize. You'll need to always come back there if you need to add more files to the backup.
To restore your data later, kindly insert the SD card, follow the above-mentioned steps, and tap on the "Restore" tab instead.
Using Android Backup Service
Being on the Android operating system, you're provided with a vigorous Backup Service. This service essentially helps you backup basic stuff like your Apps and their data, Contacts, Call history, SMS, Device settings, etc.
Follow the steps below to safely backup your device with Android Backup Service.
- Open your phone Settings app from your drawer.
- Scroll down and tap on "System"
- Now tap on "Backup"
- Enable "Backup to Google Drive"
- Now tap on "Account" to select your backup email, then tap OK.
This should automatically synchronize your data to Google Drive. But note that it doesn't include the files stored on your device. It just makes it easier to restore your apps and data when you sign in to a new Android device with your Google account.
Backup photos and videos on Infinix to Google Photos.
If you take lots of photos and videos, you should know about using Google Photos to back up photos and videos. Google Photos offers more than just a gallery app, it can help you backup your photos and videos to the cloud automatically when activated. The best part of the Photos app is that it offers a "High Quality" for free without counting towards your free 15GB Google Drive storage.
If you don't have the Google Photos app already installed on your phone, head over to the Play Store to install it and follow the steps below to get started.
- Open the Photos app after installing.
- It should automatically prompt you to enable the automatic backup service. If not, tap on your profile in the top-right corner.
- Tap "Photos Settings"
- Tap "Backup & Sync" and then enable it
- If you wish to enable backup on mobile data, tap "Cell data usage" to enable it.
But, quite unfortunately, Google is terminating the unlimited "High Quality" free backup storage by June 2021, which means that every photo and video uploaded then will start counting towards your 15GB free Google Drive Storage. But till then, you can continue enjoying the free backup service.
Backup files, photos videos, and more to Google Drive.
By now, you already know how to back up your apps, data, and photos to the cloud. How about backing up other files and documents? You can easily backup files on Infinix mobile with Google Drive or another cloud service you choose. With this, you can manually upload your folders and files to Google Drive by following the steps below.
- Open Google Drive from your drawer or get it from the Play Store.
- After launching the app, tap the + button in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on "Upload"
- Now select all the files you need to upload and let Google Drive do the magic!
Also, note that every file your upload on Google Drive count towards the 15GB free storage across all Google services. You'll need to buy more storage when it's exhausted.
Backup files to your computer or external devices
All the backup method mentioned above requires you to either backup your data either on a cloud service or your phone. But it could be easier and less costly if you have a computer instead. It's easier, just plug in your phone to the computer with a good USB and start doing the job. Follow the steps below to back up your files to your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with a compatible USB
- You'll receive a notification saying "Charging this device". Tap on it to receive the USB menu.
- Now select “File Transfer" or "MTP" on the list to show your files on the computer.
- Use your computer's File Explorer to copy all the files you need to backup, wait for the process to complete, then eject your phone.
That should work if you use a Windows Computer. If you have Mac, you can still backup your Infinix device. Just download the Android File Transfer from your App Store and follow the app's guide.
Also, if you have other external devices like OTG flash drives that can be connected to your phone, kindly use them to back up your device.
With all the backup options mentioned above, you should now be able to safely backup your Infinix device. Don't risk losing your data, start backing up your phone today.